Sunday 19 October 2008

This Week in Pictures - 13th to 19th October 2008


R1: The moon was beautiful on Monday night when I went to Helen's house. I've been playing with treasury tags at work a lot this week, made them into this pretty star. The current secret knitting project is going well, but I did make a mistake which meant going back about 4 rows, and I wasn't tinking back that far, so I just pulled the needles out - very brave for me! This week's spiffing socks - Helen was wearing this fab stripy socks & tights combo on Chutney Day :)
R2: I've been practicing free motion quilting in preparation for doing Chloe's quilt soon, and it is going OK! Another top secret project this week involved this heap of fluff. Helen made lots of bath gifts while I was prepping the chutney & jam - these are the brown sugar & lavender body scrubs we made - we also made bath teabags & salts.
R3: We got together yesterday & made a lot of jars of chutney; 9 carrot & garlic, 9 apple & also 7 jars of pear & lemon jam, which is wonderful, a really delicate flavour. I had fun taking quite a few photos of the various goings on.

I would have had a couple more pics to share, of nice skies and swishing through leaves in the city centre, but my camera phone (which does take quite nice pics) isn't talking to my PC.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

daina said...

I'm going to have to try that pear and lemon. All yours look soooo yummy!

Unknown said...

Oooooh is that Chloe's quilt, she'll love it!! I had difficulty explaining to her that Emma's quilt was exactly that - Emma's!So she will be very pleased to have her own! - It's gorgeous, don't suppose you could do a king size one could you?!!!! Pretty please, I'll buy you loads of pretty things :)