Sunday 30 June 2013

Gelli Plate Fun with Margaret

After last weekend's fun with Gelli plates, I went to see my friend Margaret for. Fun hour or so Gelli plate printing in her kitchen, and we had a great time.

We had lots of lovely things to texture our prints with.

I had a go at making a texture plate with funky foam and double sided tape, following these instructions: http://gelliarts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/making-foam-texture-plates-for-gelli.html, and this is how my plate came out


I made these two prints using that plate, and they worked so well that I think I'll have to make some more. The texture plate took me maybe 15 minutes to make.


Margaret had some lovely little wooden houses, which she had made a printing block out of, and so I made this print from them, with swooshy paintbrush sky, and big sequins as resist stars. 


I think this is my favourite of the prints I made today:

I made quite a few prints with circular patterns:


Lots of bronze and pink wiggly lines and circles, and keys. Printing on black was very effective.


And here are all of our prints on Margaret's washing line, fluttering beautifully in the breeze:


I had such a great time. Now I just need to stitch into them...




No comments: