Saturday 24 March 2012

Silk Shaded Mushroom with Katie Pirson

Still having a marvellous time here at the Fashion, Embroidery and Stitch show. This afternoon I was lucky enough to be able to take part in a silk shading workshop with Katie Pirson, who I happen to know from my teenage years as a lighting techie, but hadn't seen since.

The workshop was excellent, and Katie is a brilliant teacher, very understanding and gives marvellous explanations.

We had a kit containing lovely linen with a mushroom design drawn on it, Madeira thread and very clear instructions. Katie took us through building up the layers in soft shading, with the very important point that your stitches need to be longer than you think, to allow for later rows of stitches to be fully incorporated.

I'm really looking forward to finishing my mushroom -thanks Katie!

(the picture of the finished mushroom is Katie's one -I'm not that good/speedy)





No comments: